Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Dang that Jimmy Dean

So, on Wednesday I took a Jimmy Dean sausage/egg breakfast thing out of the freezer and took it to work with me for breakfast. For some reason I didn't eat it that day but I did let it sit out on the counter for an hour or so to defrost before putting it in the fridge. Then, on Friday I was hungry enough to finally eat it. I thought for about 2.4 seconds about how it had been left out and then placed in the fridge instead of frozen as it was meant to be but figured it would be fine. It tasted ok.

About noon on Friday I felt a little rumbly in the tumbly if you know what I mean and figured I hadn't thought it through well enough during those 2.4 seconds of consideration. I came home from work at about 6:00pm still cursing that Jimmy Dean. At about 7:00pm I realized the pain was all coming from the lower right side of my abdomen. I couldn't get comfortable in any position. Thoughts of the bill kept me out of the ER until 10:00pm when I decided I didn't care if I payed $300 to get rid of the gas pain I felt. It took a while. Finally at about 1:00am I got morphine (they decided I needed my appendix out. it wasn't the sausage after all). Morphine was my friend.

Then it all seemed to go by pretty quick. I fell asleep and the surgical team all got there at 6:30am, I went into surgery just after that time. I walked around the hospital enough on Saturday that they let me go home that night.

It really stinks being at home but not being able to do very much now. I can't lift more than 15 pounds for the next month. I can't even lift up Ana and Jack is almost 15 pounds as well. But I have progressed enough that I am comfortable enough to sit at the computer for a few minutes.

So, there is my latest story.

And I have done the prize drawing as well. In honor of my recent hospital stay I put all the names into my free mug they gave me and Ana drew the lucky winner. It was...





Terri !!!!!!!


I will put the CD in the mail by next Monday.

Peru day 2-3 to come shortly with more pictures. Really. I know you are doubting me on that but what else am I going to be doing? Really.

6 comments:

Wendy and Will said...

i think it's funny that you didn't even say you had your appendix out. if my mom hadn't told me, i wouldn't have known. speedy recovery to you.

Erin L said...

thats funny, wendy, i thought the same thing. He fixed it now...

Dylan said...

Oh man, Dave. That totally sucks. About that other person winning the mix, that is.

Oh yeah, and your appendix thing is unfortunate as well.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Kelli said...

Hope you're feeling better soon, Dave. We'll be watching for Peru updates since you don't have much else to do for a few days!

Terri said...

Ok - David, feel special, cauz I have never commented on a blog other than yours. I hope Dylan realizes that it does not totally suck that someone else one the mix- since someone else is me! Give Ana a kiss on the head and tell her she has achieved favored niece status. Not that it will actually mean anything to her, but that's ok. So excited -great music in the mail. Thanks, Dave!

Terri said...

wow! I just realized I am really tired and made a million spelling errors. Maybe that is why I am not a big comment poster. Sorry,David. I hope people will accept that I really am literate - all evidence to the contrary.