So, I left for Peru on July 19th. My flight left from SLC at 8:30am and arrived at about 10:30pm in Lima with a 4 hour layover in Atlanta somewhere in between. It wasn't quite as exciting as the first time I flew and I swear there is less room for my legs now, but it was still pretty good.
I got checked in and found my room - Then I got a different room as I wrote about before.
Here is the view from my window that first night at about midnight just before sleeping.
This picture is a view of the airport from our hotel we stayed in the first night.
Sunday morning I went to sacrament meeting in a ward near the airport. It was very reminiscent of my meetings in Chile. I didn't get a picture of the chapel there because I didn't know how I felt about taking my camera where we were going. Then, because of a transportation issue, we stayed at the hotel for a few hours. I felt pretty cooped up there. Everyone kept telling me it was not safe for me to walk very far from the hotel on my own so I just hung around and got to know a lot of the staff until the afternoon when we left to our other hotel-type place called the HuampanÃ. I kept thinking I would take pictures of some other things in the hotel later but never got around to it. Here are a few other pictures I had of that first day.
Another picture showing the distance from the airport to the Ramada we stayed in that first night.
My bedroom there - it was pretty nice.
I loved (reading) the different therapy options at the hotel spa. Of course I did not try them at $80 a pop. I am sure Janet would have done chocolate therapy. I originally thought they would just give you a really good piece of chocolate and hope it helped you to feel better but I guess it actually involved a little more than that.
One last note: I am sure most of you already know this but you can click on any of the pictures to see the larger, full size version.
1 comment:
Dave, you better hurry and do this travel log before you get into med school! We are anxiously awaiting day 2!
Post a Comment