Friday, August 22, 2008

its crunch(es) time

After I had Ana, I bounced right back to my pre-pregnancy weight by 6 weeks. It was only about 5 pounds more than my pre-pregnancy weight with Jack, yet here it is 2 1/2 months later and I'm still weigh almost 15 pounds more than I did when I got pregnant. Dang, I guess I'll have to work at it this time.

So, I started swapping kids with a friend, Kenna, here in town. She has a 4 year old and a 2 year old, and I take my kids to her house and go run, and then stay with her kids while she goes out. We did that Monday morning. Wednesday morning Dave was home, so I just went out on my bike. Then this morning both are husbands were home so we went to the local pool to swim laps. I'm pretty excited for this new exercise regimen. It feels good to be out doing it again. But, boy am I out of shape. I also have my new wii fit, which I want to work on the other days of the week, as well as start doing sit ups so I can get rid of some of this flab. I really love exercise, so thats the easy part. I'm glad to just have someone to watch the kids while I do it.

6 comments:

Keri said...

That's wonderful that you've found someone to swap & workout with! Give yourself a bit of time & I'm sure you'll look fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Good for you! Good luck with it:)

Morgan said...

It always makes it so much easier when there is someone else to do everything with. Good for you! I bet you look amazing as usual Erin!

A said...

I think you look great, so quit whining:) My baby just turned 1 and I STILL can't lose the weight. I enjoy exercise as well, it just never seems to aid me in weight loss. Plus the 2nd can be way harder than the first (though I still had to work for that one too) Your totally skinny!

Anonymous said...

That will be fun to have you time to work out. However you look amaizing I would love to look like you after a baby or ever for that matter. I love anas new tricks she is so stinkin cute. Jack in the stroller is so cute. Kids keep life so fun!

Unknown said...

Erin, you make me want to exercise!! You make it sound so nice and invigorating and somehow inviting. That's pretty awesome!! Keep telling us about it so I can keep wanting to do it, too!!!