I decided this week I was ready to potty train Ana. So, Sunday after church we put her in panties and started the process. She's doing really well! The past couple days she kept her panties dry until about 3:00 and then she had a couple accidents and then stayed dry the rest of the evening. We are putting her in pullups at night, but she stays in panties all day long. I think she thinks its kind of a nuisance by afternoon, but she's catching on. Any tips and advice are welcome. What worked for you? How long did it take? What didn't work? etc.
6 comments:
It sounds to me like she's doing really well! I think she's get the hang of it soon. I think it took Sydney about 1 month before I felt like we were good. And I kept her in pull-ups at night for several months after that. Getting rid of the pull-ups was out of necessity. Sydney was taking advantage of the pull-ups and going #2 when she had them on, so we had to change that. I bought pee pads for her bed and after wetting the bed a few times (or maybe a bit more), she stopped. It sounds like you're on the right track with Ana.
hey! Way to go! Potty training is somthing I'm not looking forward to and I dont even have kids yet!! lol I dont have Amy and Lamar's info yet, Amanda collected all the contact info. But her sister Nicole has a blog, the link is on mine, his name is Ben. It might be faster to just get it from her rather then wait for me to get it and then give it to you!
good job, and good luck!! if she's ready, it won't be long, maybe a week. She'll still have occasional accidents, but that comes with ANY child. Good job on panties ALL DAY, that is crucial. And pullups at night are really good too - saves the bed but she can still get up and go if she needs to. Going #2 in the toilet might take her longer, as well as training at night, but I hear that girls are easier... although my boy was SUPER easy, and Lina is... extremely difficult! hugs and good luck!
more power to you for attempting when she is just 2. the trick is doing it when the kid is ready, not mom, so don't get too frustrated if she doesn't do well. hopefully she will catch on quick. it will save $$ on diapers. there is a thing out on the market called "The Potty Watch." just google it. i think it's about $10. you can set it to go off (play a song) every 30, 60, or 90 minutes. it reminds the kid to go potty, that way the mom doesn't always need too. the watch also resets itself so you don't need to do that either. just an idea. alex loved to have his own watch.
I have found that potty training consists largely of training yourself to take the trainee to the toilet on a regular basis. It kicks in when the kid suddenly gets it AND wants it at the same time. Good luck!
I potty trained 7 of 8 children (no he's not still in diapers, the 3rd child was trained by his siblings) I have very little memory of potty training my children. I tend to remember the good parts in my life and forget the bad. I guess that tells you my opinion of how fun it is to potty train a child.... hope it goes well for you!
Post a Comment