Sunday, November 22, 2009

here goes nothin'

After my rather embarrassing experience last Sunday, I was quite surprised when I was asked to meet with the Bishop on Tuesday evening. I was so sure he was calling me in to make sure I was still sane - And that Dave hadn't decided not to come to church anymore. I was freaking out all day worrying over how I was going to calming and coolly tell him that really everything was just fine I was just overly emotional from having Dave gone and the kids acting up and... PMS ... can you say that to the bishop? But that really we were fine and Dave was home and we were all happy. I had practically prepared a speech about it.

That isn't what he was concerned about. Instead I was called to be in the Relief Society Presidency.

I have gone through many emotions such as: "but I'm not even that great of a visiting teacher" and "I'm way too young for this" and "it'll be fun to get to know everyone in the ward" and "at least its only for 8 months."

Mostly, I'm excited now. It'll be something new.

But man, I'll miss my primary kids.

6 comments:

Emily said...

wow wow wow and wow!!!!!! Holy cow. Wow. Erin, you are incredible and will do an incredible job! I have no doubts about that. You were born to lead! I love you!!!!

Kayla said...

Wow! That would be overwhelming! I'm not really surprised though, you will do great! Good luck!

The Gray Gang said...

Oh Erin, I'm not surprised in the least. You are just what the sisters need. You will be awesome. I hope you enjoy your calling!

Shaela said...

oh WOW!! I am so excited and happy for you! ANd not surprised - you are a pillar of spiritual strength and the sisters in you ward will be so blessed. I wish I was there to be one of them. :)

Alisha Wilkins said...

I think you will do great, but I am a little bitter that you will be leaving Primary! :) Call me selfish, but I liked having you in there!
Good luck with the new calling! I knew something was up when you called and asked about Marie (I got wind that she was getting a new calling......)

The Davis Family said...

Lucky you! I was called to be in the RS Presidency right after Alan and I got married and we moved to WA. I was positive they had gotten the wrong Sister Davis since another Davis family had moved in at the same time. Turns out, the other Sister Davis was the president! I'm sure you'll be great! Good luck!