I was really excited with the kids Halloween costumes. Ana's dress took a lot of work, but I really liked it. Jack's took almost no work at all so they evened out. He didn't want to keep his hat on, though. We went to a Trunk or Treat, which was fun. Jack totally didn't understand the whole "trick or treat" thing. He just thought, "man I just got a sucker and I'm going to stop right here and eat it." I think Ana's favorite thing was going over to Grandma's and helping her pass out candy to all the kids that came to the door.
I also felt extra motivated this year so I made the kids Halloween treat bags. I like how they turned out.
Also today was a family get together with my siblings. I told my sister over a year ago that I would make her some throw pillows. I committed to give them to her at the family party today so I've been working on those this week too. I love them so much, I wish they matched my couch. I also made a fresh-pumpkin pie and a salad for the party.
Whew! Its been a busy week and it was a lot of fun! I'm all in the sewing groove now so I'm ready to start on a few handmade Christmas presents for the kids. Yay!
4 comments:
Wow you domestic diva! I love the kids costumes! Such a great idea! :)
Not but two weeks ago you post about being "average" yet you can make adorable costumes like that?!? And their treat bags?? I wish I was as average as you :)
go Erin!! a few weeks ago I cut out all the little pieces for a Christmas quilt that I have yet to start sewing together. You're making me motivated though - I wanna pull it out and get working now! btw, the kids look adorable and the pillows are great, I'm sure your sister loved them. :)
I'm so incredibly impressed! Those costumes are adorable, and so is everything else. A pumpkin pie? I don't even feel worthy to call myself a mom.
Post a Comment