Friday, January 1, 2010

happy new year

Well, its a new year and now is the time for me to get all reflective and thoughtful.

We rang in the new year with food, family and fun. I let the kids stay up, and we all slept in this morning. It was good.






2009 was good and happy, but as usual, we had some surprises.

Unexpected things:
*Dave not getting into med school
*Staying in Rupert
*Relief Society Presidency

Good and Happy things:
*Dave getting into med school.
*Being near family

and of course, the happiest thing of all has been watching our kids grow. Man, I love my family.

2010 will be a good year. I just know it.

I've thought a lot about my theme for the new year. Of course, I should just keep going with last year's theme, because I could always be more loving. But, I think I need a new area to focus on.

A preface: Dave and I have been married for almost 5 years. For the first 3, I worked and went to school, became a mom and finished school and then got pregnant with number 2. Almost two years ago we moved here and I was just mom. And I've realized in the last year that housework has been a low priority since we got married and we (me) have gotten into some bad habits.

So now is the time to fix them. My focus for 2010 is:

Establish a house of order
(see D&C 88:119)


I want to spend the year establishing that house. That means I don't expect it to be perfect tomorrow. Or even next week. I have a plan. I am going to de-junk. Find a place for everything or throw it out. I'm going to get into a routine that includes exercise time and scripture study. I'm want to establish quiet time for Ana. I'm going to get into good habits. It'll be good.

Happy New Year!

3 comments:

Shaela said...

what a wonderful goal for the new year! Can't wait to watch your progress establishing your house. :)

amanda said...

your kids have gotten so big. love the theme for the year. that is great idea. i love the new year to try to start something new.

Unknown said...

That is a fantastic theme!! I so admire the way you set goals and remember them and keep working toward them!