Thursday, July 8, 2010

mr. mom

Dave is an amazing dad. I'm sure I've mentioned that before. Seeing him with my kids melts my heart.

This picture was taken last week at the Boise Zoo.
They were watching penguins swim by.


But its a different experience watching him do everything! I am just sitting on the couch as he does the dishes, changes diapers, cleans up, disciplines, feeds the kids, and still finds time to take them for bike rides and get them ready to play in the pool outside. Phew! Its exhausting just watching him do it all.

Just tonight, I watched him clean up when Ana had an accident in the kitchen, then put her in the bath, scrub the tub when she couldn't quite get out of the tub fast enough to make it on the potty, and put her back in the tub. Upon discovery that Jack had a nasty poopy diaper, he declared with desperation (and a little smile), "I am tired of poop!"

I am bordering somewhere between empathy and laughing at him. (So far the latter is winning, and it really hurts to laugh.) I'm trying -without much success- not to turn this into a "see-what-I-do-all-day" sort of experience, so I help where I can.

He is amazing. And though I know its incredibly cheesy to publicly thank him for all he's done and will still do over the next 10 days (and 10 years), I'm going to anyway.

Thanks, Dave. You Rock!

5 comments:

Shaela said...

awwww, what a happy hubby you must have! :) miss you - hope you're on the mend

The Gray Gang said...

Hi Erin! How are you? How are you feeling? Are you ready (emotionally) to move across the country? It was one of the hardest things I've done, but once we were actually in the car and on our way, we've never looked back and have LOVED the time we've had to grow closer and come to rely on each other more. I wish you the best of luck. And to answer your question. There are 7 kids. 4 boys and 3 girls! JD, Tessa, Jessica, Cody, Tyrel, Blake, and Jordin.
Our family changed a lot when I was 15. That was when Cody moved in and my parents got legal guardianship of him. Then when I was 16 we took Blake (6) and Jordin (3 months) into foster care. They were official adopted 4 years later. It was a long hard road, but so worth it. Anyway- Hope that clears things up!

Have a good day, Jessie

Melyssa said...

It is not cheesy to thank him, he deserves it. I hope you feel better soon! :)

Kara said...

wait a minute! Boise Zoo? we would have met you somewhere if we'd known you were around! :( sad!! I'm glad Dave is doing such a good job while you recover.
We get tired of poop too.

You guys make me happy!!

Unknown said...

See, there's a reason I named my last baby after your husband. He's a good person to emulate.