Rexburg is snowy. And ice-y. Dave and I spent a lot of time walking to and from class on snowy ice-y sidewalks during our time there.
One particular day the first winter after we were married (or maybe we were just engaged, but I think we were married) we were walking up such an ice-y sidewalk on our way to class.
(We were probably running late, because we usually were, but that's beside the point.)
Dave - in all his tall, lanky glory, - totally biffed it. (Do people still say that? "biffed it." "wiped out" maybe?)
Anyway, this was a feet-slid-out-from-under-him-and-he-caught-himself-with-his-face-and-all-his-stuff-went-flying kind of fall.
What is it about people falling that is so funny? I couldn't help myself. I stood there pointing and laughing hysterically while he picked himself, and all his stuff, up off the ground.
That was funny enough, but it was even more comical because while I was standing there laughing and pointing, a sweet girl came up behind us, asked Dave if he were okay, and handed him his cell phone.
Am I a mean wife?
Maybe... But it totally made up for the time he did this:
I miss that shirt...
2 comments:
lol, me too! I loved those shirts on you-so cute! Loved the video AND that great story. I do think he had the more embarassing moment though--HOW FUNNY! Lanky glory is right! :)
I was laughing out loud just READING that story - I would have been doubled-up peeing-my-pants if I actually saw it, I'm sure, lol!!
And yeah - go for "biffed it". I still say that... which actually probably means it's totally old school now but who cares? ;)
Post a Comment