Ironically, just last week I was making such a declaration to a mom in Ana's tumbling class. Since then, I think I have been up every single night with one or both of our children. Two of those nights involved raging temper tantrums. Last night Ana crawled into bed with me and then insisted on telling me her dream - for 20 minutes - before she would go back to sleep. If I even appeared to be falling back asleep she's say, "Mom, you're not listening to me!"
In other news, Ana slipped on the playground and bit her tongue in two places, got a bug bite on her eye and took too much ibuprofen when the cap didn't get screwed back on tight. Her eye looked like this:
Oh, and Jack's not really napping anymore.
And so I'm not getting a nap either...
And we're back to the sleeping thing.
4 comments:
oh dear... I don't know what to say except that I WISH I could be there to give you a hug!! Hang in there...
Her poor little eye! Parker has a couple bug bites that is starting to worry me, but it is NOTHING like Ana's!
Sorry sleep is happening at your house....especially naps! I would be going a little crazy with that one!
Hope things get better!
How much does Ana love tumbling....I think that is just perfect for her! :)
I always jinx myself like that so I have learned to not mention it in the first place. Once I start saying that Ellery is sleeping great, she starts waking up 4 times a night. We have the sleeping thing in common, I am a needy sleeper, if I don't get enough sleep I really can't function. I envy those who can only sleep a few hours and be fine.
I can send you a matching picture of David with a black eye that looks just like that. What kind of bug does a bite like that? Awful!! You know I went to Women's Conference once and listened to Sherry Dew talk about writing President Hinckley's biography. The only way she could do it was get up at 4 in the morning every day because she didn't have any other free time. I thought, wow, I get up when I have to with kids, but she has the self control to just live without enough sleep as a choice. She was probably blessed to be able to do it, but all the same I really admire her. I miss you. sounds like it would be good timing for a girl's night :)
Post a Comment