Friday, September 16, 2011

at 6:00 a.m.

The early morning light was spreading over the sky through the window. Her eyes were wide open. I sat smiling and talking to my baby. She smiled back. And I thought:

2 comments:

Melyssa said...

I love that poem. It rings so true for me today as I stay home with my two littlest girls, watching them play play dough and destroy my kitchen with their handiwork! hahaha! I think it's funny that so many people think we stay at home moms have to "give up" so much to raise our families when in fact we gain more than they could possibly comprehend. Thank you for helping me remember that although I may not be traveling the world, or have a successful professional life - my life is truly rich with the blessings that matter most!

lori said...

I love the blog post very true & so precious. Your little girl is so adorable as are all your children. As all my kids left to school the other day I was home with Ash the house was pretty quiet & it was a very sad moment. It seems like my kiddos are growing up way way to fast & need me less & less. I really miss them when they are gone all day. I feel truly blessed I get to stay home & enjoy them as much as I do I LOVE being a mother & hopefully someday my children will love traveling with me:)