1.) My Nutella t-shirt.
2.) Katie.
Everyone tells me she is adorable, so I know my affinity for her is more than just parental bias. People are drawn to her. Even at 2, I think she is more popular than I will ever be. The older kids love her. She has Daddy wrapped around her little finger. I am trying my darnedest not to give in to her every whim. And she is now TWO! I can't imagine our family without her.
(The girls wanted to have a princess party for her. They got all dolled up and fawned over her. It was so fun to have cousins here. )
That isn't to say that it is all roses and bliss. She is, after all, a two year old. There is plenty of dumping out cups and getting into the fridge and drawing all over herself. I think her favorite word is "Mine!" And, of course, she doesn't sleep. She also talks a blue streak, loves reading books and can even sing the ABCs. She always says "my fav'rite color" when she sees something pink, though that is the only color she knows very consistently. She knew her birthday was "Augus fird" and she proudly declares that she is 2. She loves so play in mud and dirt, but she manages to be very dainty and delicate while she does it.
Before Katie was born I often wondered if she would be like Ana or Jack, because they are so different from each other. She has managed to be right in the middle. Like Ana, she is petite, acrobatic and social. Like Jack she is a bit nervous (of things like animals and jumping on trampoline and new foods), an early talker/walker, and sensitive. Mostly, she is her own little person and we love her.
It will be strange to just have her and me here at home in a few weeks when school starts. We love our little Katie babe.
And, speak of the devil, I can hear her waking up.
*This might be slightly hyperbolic. But seriously, every time I wear my nutella shirt someone compliments it. I've decided that if I need to boost my confidence, I just need to wear that in public. And also, everyone loves Katie.

5 comments:
Katie is so big! Thank you for sharing stories and pictures that allow me to feel included in the lives of your kids! I love your big heart, and the way you are always working to improve yourself inspires me!
Happy Birthday Katie! It's no wonder you get so many compliments...she IS adorable.
Wow, I can't believe she is already 2!! What a doll. :) (and come on... we need a picture of the tshirt!!) ;)
Oh my gosh, she's two already!!! And yeah, she is pretty dang adorable. Happy birthday, Katie!
Katie is so ADORABLE. Happy Birthday to her. Nutella is so delicious. Sounds like you had a great time with Kelli.It is always easier to laugh about things with a sister around. Your mini-challenges were such a fun idea. I might have to try them.
Post a Comment