Wednesday, October 17, 2007

usedtocould

When I was in high school, I used to spend most of my time down the street at the Hicks home. We would make short movies, music videos, watch movies, play music and all sorts of other stuff. Jared taught me to play the guitar and we had a great time with it. I also played the drums a little bit with them. The first song that I ever played just like the drummer in the real thing was from Material Issue - Valerie Loves Me. Maybe not "just like" the real thing but you get the idea.

Things have been busy for me since I got married and we've had a baby. Now that I am not working for a little while and have a little more time, I am realizing that I miss that more musical/creative part of me. I am interested to see what you think of the song. The video that was good quality on youtube doesn't allow posting in blogs and all the other versions of the video have sound that is horribly off, and it annoyed me. So, I found this wonderful youtube gem of a dancing mechanical mule set to "valerie loves me"

It may be wierd but we are mostly focusing on the song right?



When I used to play a lot I knew mostly Weezer songs, Fountains of Wayne, Everclear, some Beatles, a couple songs from the Cure, and Material Issue as well. I knew every song the band 'For Now' played (i was in it) and a few 'Fixit' songs as well.

Oh well. Enough of that. I need to go visit my friends again.

1 comment: