If I stay up too late, I often reach a point when I get worked up so much about something that I have this downward spiral of negativity and I can't get to sleep. So, here I am. Dave told me to cheer up and go to sleep, which he did, and I really want to sleep too. So, I thought of a few good things to cheer me up and since Dave wouldn't remember even if I attempted to wake him up, I will share them with my blogging world.
*I love the little person Ana is becoming. Today, we were outside and I, of course, was wearing sandals. I told her that my feet were getting cold and she leaned over and wrapped her warm little hand around my big toe. "Is that better Mama?" And you know what? It was.
*A friend of mine recently asked me about happiness in marriage. As I thought out and typed a very long response to her question, it gave me a new resolve to be a better wife. I feel very lucky to have the husband I do.
*Thanksgiving and my family holiday party is this week. I'm very excited for both. I love the Holiday Season and can't wait to decorate the house and finish up my Christmas shopping.
With those few good things in mind, I think I can go to sleep now...
4 comments:
Thanks for sharing!!!
That is so sweet about Ana - it makes the plea of the Savior to "become as a little child" seem so important, to become that caring and loving and compassionate.
I do that spiralling thing too, late at night. Good coping technique!! I'm gonna use that one!!
I love getting comments from you!
no no no, I haven't gone through the temple yet. I would FOR SURE, tell you. No, I just do baptisms every Saturday.
We totally need to reconnect! Why don't you come with your parents for Thanksgiving? If not then, Christmas for sure!
As for the blog...okay, I will try to post random meandurings of thoughts and feelings of the life of Emily. I really like when other people post things like that, so I will try.
I sure do love you. I have to go catch a lecture.
Love you forever.
--Em
PS...I tried to sent this to your e-mail but if came back. What is your address?
Post a Comment