Tuesday, November 18, 2008

yesterday

Yesterday this little girl was sick. She woke up at 7 throwing up, and threw up a couple more times before falling asleep on the floor at 11. She slept until 2 and felt better after that. Today she is back to normal.
There's something special about the comfort sick kids look for. She's usually very busy and independent. But yesterday morning she just wanted to sit on my lap. She'd get down occasionally, but then would climb right back up. When she curls up on my lap and wants to be near me, I am filled with love for that little person. I suppose that's how our heavenly parents feel when we turn to them to be comforted. They must be filled with love for us as well.

3 comments:

Kayla said...

Beautiful thought, thanks!

L Anne Tanner said...

I have felt the same thing, but you expressed it so well! I hope everyone else has avoided the bug.

Karianne said...

Poor girl. I know a bunch of people who have had the 12-hour flu. I like your perspective on the comfort they seek.