Tuesday, November 25, 2008

mornings

I really love mornings. One of my favorite morning sounds is Jack giggling at Ana, who has climbed in his bed. Usually, Ana has already run into my bedroom to announce, "Jack wake up!" She loves making him happy in the morning.

I love the quiet of the morning before the kids wake up. I love lying awake in bed with Dave feeling warm and cozy under the covers. I love the feeling of a new day.

I am definitely the most productive when I first wake up, and if I don't start doing things right away, chances are I won't be productive. We are into a routine of late sleeping that has been so hard to break, even though Dave and I have tried. My ideal morning would consist of me getting up before the kids, reading scriptures, running and getting breakfast before Dave leaves for work. I would love that. Some day. This week I've just decided to enjoy my time with Dave in the evening and save my chores til the morning, when I feel much better about it. Its made such a difference.

No comments: