Monday, February 9, 2009

Rejection

I got a letter from U of U last Friday (6th) that said I was rejected. It used nicer words but felt the same. I was very happy with my interview and thought I had done all the things they would like most. I am left wondering if I said dumb stuff in the interview and didn't know it or what. There are a lot of other well qualified applicants as well. Either way it was an emotional shock for Friday night and Saturday. Yesterday was pretty good and I was mostly back to normal nerves-wise today. We were finally confronted with the idea of applying again and waiting another year before getting in. I'll be old. There is definitely a lot to think about.

UW still has more Idaho interview dates in March than they did in January. Hopefully I will get to interview there and have another good chance this year. I could still get interviews at a couple other places. I will be kind of surprised if I get interviews anywhere else besides UW but it is possible.

1 comment:

Scott said...

The same thing happened to me a year ago when I applied to Ph.D. programs. I waited the year, reapplied, and am now waiting for my second round of acceptance or rejection letters. We'll see what happens. I'd hate to have to wait another year. I'm not getting any older and my family isn't getting smaller. And I hate the fact that so much is determined by the decision of a committee.

Anyway, good luck with it all.