So, she set her cooties on the time out chair, set the timer, and waited for it to go off.
(Now, in our house, after Ana has a time out, we always ask if she knows why she got a time out and then talk about it.)
After he cootie time-out was done, she walked up to her cootie, picked it up and said, "Now, why did you get a time out? ... that's right. Don't say 'stupid.'" Then she turned to me and said, "she's sorry. She won't say stupid again."
I guess now I know what she remembers from the day.
p.s. the carpet in our kitchen is stellar, huh.
7 comments:
at least she remembers the rules of timeout. maybe she can teach my almost 5 year old.
Oh Cooties, how I miss you! I think my Kevin needs a set.
Ana is so funny and congrats to Dave on getting into medical school!
I'm trying to get Justin to stop saying that word, too. If time out works for cooties, maybe it would work for him, too!! Thanks, Ana, for the parenting lesson!!
Ana has a lot of inter-personal intelligence. I see that in her all the time. And by the way your carpet looks cool in the picture.
Remember our conversation about "stupid" yesterday and whether or not it was bad enough to warrant a little tobasco? Well, Lucas and Alaina were calling each other stupid yesterday, and I threatened tobasco. Just goes to show that I don't know anything.
PS at least she understands, even if it doesn't translate into actions
Love your Ana stories!
Post a Comment