Thursday, October 29, 2009

an answer to the question "what did you do all day?"

Sometimes, when its 9:00 pm and I am exhausted and the house is a mess and I am confronted with this:


I think to myself, "what did I do all day?" So, I write it down.



And then when I feel validated at my exhaustion, I get to work and finish the dishes. Because nothing is worse than waking up to a sink full of dirty dishes.



Ahhh. That feels better, now I'm going to go watch Thoroughly Modern Millie with Dave.

5 comments:

Cindy Lou said...

What a great way to deal with frustration! And I thought Dave didn't like that movie.

Unknown said...

One of the best tricks I ever learned was this one from Leanne:

At the end of the day, write down everything you did and cross off each item, as if it had been your to-do list. You'll find that you did much more than you thought you did all day!! It's so much more encouraging than starting with a list and not getting to it all!!

I'm glad you found this joy on your own!!

Karianne said...

i might adopt that technique. I have had a hard time motivating myself lately and I feel really depressed at the constant mess.

Shaela said...

I canNOT go to bed with a dirty kitchen! It's not the going to bed part, but if I wake up and walk into the kitchen to make breakfast and it's a mess, I get irked and irritated and stressed right from the get go. Bad start to a day. So I always try to clean it up and put the dishes away before bed.:)

annie (the annilygreen one) said...

that is an impressive list of stuff you did! and i love that movie too....the silliness is off the charts, and it's so fun to watch.