Friday, February 19, 2010

chatter box

Today Jack and I were doing puzzles.

While doing so, we had a little chat.

"ooooo... pink"

"yeah, that one is pink."

"pig says oi-oink"

"that's right. where does the pig go?"

"oh, there it is! ... puppy."

"that's a horse."

"horse says nay."

"where does the horse go?"

"look, there it is. ... house."

"yeah - that's a barn."

"no, house."

"its the cow's house. its a barn."

"oh. barn. look, mama, Goat."

"Yeah, that is a goat. what does a goat say."

(pause) "aaaa."

"Good job, buddy."

etc. etc. I love our little conversations. This morning while watching "Little Einsteins" he asked to me, "what happen, mama?" Also yesterday while riding in the car, a song came on that Ana always declares is her favorite, but Jack beat her to the punch this time. "oh, favorite song, Mama."

I live for little moments like that.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

"...oh. favorite song, mama.." I LOVE that!!! How adorable and irretrievable these times are when language is growing in his head like so many weeds. Write it all down. You will love having the memories to read when he's older and has lost the thrill learning words....unless he's a Levi, who still loves words as much as I do.

Shaela said...

how cute! I sure wish we could get together for playdates... the kids would have a blast, and so would you and I!! :) If y'all end up in Washington we will for SURE see you again, since we'll be going home at some point and you'll only be a few hours away then. :) Or, if you and Dave ever want a cheap vacation, fly to Vegas and we'll show you around the GOOD parts ;)

Karianne said...

Cute. The reason you probably missed that other post is because I've been going back and forth between public and private. I can't make up my mind. I get hyper about privacy for a while, then not so much. Then I realized that JD can't read it when its private and Mom couldn't log in, so I opened it up again.