
I love this picture. It absolutely captures my little girl - messy hair and big, brown eyes.
When Ana was a baby and I was in college, Dave used to wait for me outside one of my classes so we could "swap." Every time that teacher saw Ana he said she had "academic eyes." If by that he meant the type that pays attention to and takes in everything going on around her, he was right on.
We've had some happy times the last little while.
Yesterday morning she asked me to snuggle with her on the couch. After first exclaiming that I "smell funny" and "need to take a shower" she looked right in my eyes and said, "Oh, Mom, you have beautiful green eyes."
And then on the way to dance she sang in the car all the way there including, "roll, roll, roll your tractor gently down the road." And the ever popular (made-up) song: "its important to read the scriptures."
What's not to Love about that?
Suddenly one day last month she started going to bed and staying there. After a year and a half of struggles - it was a miracle. (Really, I thought she was sick.) But it stuck and now most nights she just goes to bed and is asleep in just a few minutes. (Occasionally she comes out, or bothers Jack too much, or whatever, but most nights it's good.) One night this week she found some colored pencils and paper in her bed (??) and colored me and Dave a picture when we thought she was sleeping.
So amidst the stream of melt-downs, endless negotiations, and the million "why" questions - is an adorable, smart, loving little girl.
Her Spirit is just too big for her little body.
3 comments:
What a sweet, precious post. I hope you save this so she can read it someday when she's 7, and 14, and 18, and 23, and... :)
And HURRAY!!! for her going to bed and sleeping! I know that has been a big struggle. I'm so glad it's working now!
aww! how cute-
We miss you guys! We just got assigned to student teach in Boise, so we'll be coming past you guys at some point.. We'll have to stop again to visit!
I love these glimpses into your family that you so freely share!! Thank you for that!
Post a Comment