I think its my lot in life to not have a dishwasher. We had one for the first year of marriage, then we didn't have one for about 2 years, then we had one while we lived with Dave's parents and in the apartment with is brother (about a year) and now we don't have one again. And prospective apartments we've looked at for our next stop in life don't have dishwashers either.
...sigh...
I guess I'll chalk it up to bonding time with the kiddos.
(Even though I usually do dishes after the kids go to bed, but I think I'm going to stop that and just have them do it with me.)

Doing dishes with Ana - February 2008

Doing dishes with Jack - January 2010
(In these two pictures my kids are almost the exact same age.)
4 comments:
i feel your pain! we were married for almost 3 years before we had a dishwasher, and i don't think i'll ever go back. every day i'm still shocked at how fast it is to do the dishes when i don't have to scrub each one. and i don't have that awful feeling of dread every time i use a dish. i know it sounds dumb, but my whole life is better because of my dishwasher! haha. i hope you can find an apartment with one!
I hear ya. we didn't have a working dw growing up, and we've only had one about half the time we've been married. But I've put my foot down now: no mattr where we live, it HAS to have a dw and it HAS to have a w/d or hookups! I just can't/won't live without them now.
I hope you get one. We got our first one after we'd been married a couple of years, and we really enjoy it. Good luck!!!
Did not have a dishwasher for the first 9 years I was married. It makes dishes seem like a breeze for the rest of your life once you have one!
Post a Comment