Monday, August 9, 2010

shelburne farm

On Saturday we went to this beautiful farm called Shelburne Farm. It is a real working farm, but you can go up and there is stuff for kids to do. They can watch them shear sheep, try milking a cow, go on little hikes, pet goats, catch chickens, etc. It was really fun. We went with some of our new friends and we had a good time. I have a feeling we'll be visiting more often.

Ana and her new friend Ethan waiting to milk the cow.


She was so excited for this. She loved it and she did it about 4 times. I tried it too. It actually felt a lot different than I thought it would.



Here is Jack running up a little hill by where we ate lunch. The hike was really short and easy, but was somewhat steep for the kids. Jack insisted on walking up the WHOLE way. Most of the time he wouldn't let me hold his hand. Right before we got out of the trees he said, "I'm tired mommy. I want to go back down." Instead he let me hold his hand the rest of the way.

The view at the top.


Jack's version of petting the animals:

Ana loved looking for eggs in the chicken coop. She found two, and she let Ethan take her second one to the worker.
Of course she wanted to hold a chicken too.


I love farms!!!

2 comments:

Terina said...

your blog makes me want to vacation ni Vermont!

Amy said...

I love Jack's version of petting the animals. We really laughed at that picture! And the picture of Ana holding the chicken is priceless. I love your blog. :)