This was in the flavor graveyard at B&Js. This headstone was our favorite. (read it, its funny.)
On the way home we stopped at an apple cider mill that had really good cider, donuts and jam. Yummy. I want some more, actually. (Look, its an Apple Jack. haha)
After we got home our house was so hot that Dave wanted to go someplace with air conditioning, so we went to the library. Across the street was this old cemetery (est. 1793). The fence was open so we took a stroll.
There were tons of broken and completely faded headstones. This was the oldest one we found. It says, "Homer, son of Arthur and Urena Knowles. died March 18, 1796. age 4 years and 6 months."
Tomorrow we plan on hitting the Lake Champlain beach. Someday I'll finish getting all of the boxes unpacked.
1 comment:
Fun! Thanks for sharing! I especially love Apple Jack. Sometime I hope to be able to come visit you guys and you can take me to these places. :)
Post a Comment