Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Dave and I are trying to get our kids on an earlier schedule, so we've been waking Ana up at 7:30 this week. (She usually wakes up at 9:30, which means she doesn't go to bed until 10.) So, now I have 2 extra hours to fill with just me and Ana. Not much keeps her attention for very long, accept the Little Einsteins, so its been a challenge. Yesterday, she ate breakfast, played with playdough, colored with markers, made a mess, cleaned up a mess, took a bath, fixed hair, and ate a snack - all before lunchtime! She fell asleep on the floor at 3:00, but I didn't want her to nap so she'd go to bed early, so I woke her up. But then the rest of the evening she was wild! And she still didn't go to sleep until 9. whew! But I did make her this little instrument, which we turned into a guitar this morning. Dave was home until noon this morning, so they were playing and dancing around. It was so cute!


Any more ideas of how to keep a 2 year old happy would be great!

7 comments:

Awsome Joe said...

I remember when I used to make those

Heidi said...

I am sapped for ideas. I am trying to keep a 3 year old entertained. So if you get good ideas PLEASE share them.

Leviticus said...

Heh, cute things are cute.

I feel for ya. It's hard keeping kids entertained. The worst I've had is babysitting for a family friend for 14 hours, for two days. He would only watch so much Caillou, and I ran out of things to do really quickly.

I can only imagine having to do that all day, every day.

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are so cute. I love the Halloween pictures. Your family looks great. I love your hair it is really cute.

Janae said...

Erin, here's a link to when I asked that question on my blog:

http://familyofpews.blogspot.com/2007/08/what-do-you-moms-do-with-your-kids.html

And it's funny, cuz you even responded in that. :) It's hard to entertain kids without getting exhausted, I know! Now that Zach's older, my two really enjoy playing together (and beating eachother up). So here's a few ideas to help--I feel for ya!

Karianne said...

I don't have any good ideas, but I love the guitar. There are lots of fun crafts and pre-school games online if you just take a few minutes to find them and plan.

Shaela said...

oh, hard times - good luck! our kids sleep from 7pm till 7am, and it is SO worth it to have them in bed early!!