Today was much better. Ana only asked to watch a show a few times in the morning, and I even got a nap without her watching TV. There was only a little milk mess in the kitchen when I woke up. (It was totally worth it.)
I'm really trying to focus on replacing screen time with the most important things.
At women's conference Sister Julie Beck talked about priorities. She said there are three categories of things we do each day: the essential things, the necessary things and nice-to-do things.
Essential Things: things that help to bring personal revelation, namely, prayer and scriptures study. (Click HERE for more information on revelation.)
Necessary Things: housework, caring for children, work, meals, church responsibilities, etc. She said if we do the essential things first, necessary things are easier, because we see it has service and as an act of love.
Nice-to-do Things: hobbies, blogging, etc. One thing Sis Beck said is that as we do essential things, then necessary things we will be amazed at how much time we have for the nice to do things.
So, I'm trying to really focus on doing first things first. And its amazing how true I have found this to be over the last couple days. I'm still able to read, and blog, and other things that I just like doing.
So, we're going to keep at it.
4 comments:
You're amazing! You really are.
480 N. Morgan Valley Dr.
Morgan, Utah 84050
what a great talk! I am definitely going to apply this :)
Hey thanks for sharing, I really like that! I needed it!
I really liked this! We canceled the cable a while ago. Which meant NO tv. I really loved it! It was hard at first....almost felt like someone was missing from our home. But now it's great!
Post a Comment