Saturday, June 19, 2010

number three

About 6 weeks ago I found out I was expecting #3 in January.

This week I found out that I am not.

This is my 3rd miscarriage: one before each of the kids. Each one has been harder than the one before.

But a series of events have brought me comfort and peace from a loving Heavenly Father. I know that He has a plan for me and for our family. I have been amazed at the outpouring of love from friends and family that have come our way. I know we are going to be okay.

I've been thinking a lot lately about the different trials everyone has. I have friends and family that have lost parents, lost jobs, lost children, struggled with infertility, and have children with disabilities. And I feel very blessed. I kiss my beautiful children extra these days. What a wonderful blessing is the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

13 comments:

Heidi said...

Erin, I am sorry to hear that. Miscarriages are never easy. Good luck!

The Gray Gang said...

Oh Erin. I'm sorry! You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

Shaela said...

you are an amazing example of strength and faith Erin; thank you for being who you are. My thoughts and prayers are with you and Dave-

Annie Bingham said...

I ache for you, and I'm sorry you've been through this three times now. You will be in my prayers.

Lisa said...

I'm so sorry Erin. You are a wonderful woman and mama. Good luck in the hard days!

Alisha Wilkins said...

So sorry for your loss. Hope all is going well and you are feeling well....I was a bad friend today at church and didn't even think to ask how you were doing, sorry!
Call if you need anything!

White Family said...

I'm so sorry Erin. I'm sure that would be hard, but thanks for your faith and example to the rest of us. Hope everything gets better for you soon. When are you guys heading out for med school?

Keri said...

I'm so sorry to hear that. I wish I were there to give you a hug.

Terina said...

Erin I'm so sorry to hear that. I know what a stuggle it is to not know how adding to your family will go. It's tough for sure. Like you said thank goodness for the gosple! This is a website that I've found helpful. They have an email support group. They also have a support group on fb. http://www.2ofus4now.org

Chad and Teri said...

You are awesome.

Kristine said...

Erin, I'm so sorry to hear about this. I've been thinking a lot of you. I hope you can find comfort and peace.

A said...

Erin, I am so sorry for your loss- it just plain sucks! You're one tough cookie.

Unknown said...

OH, Erin, I'm so sorry!!