We got home late last night from Boise. It was a lot of fun. I was going to upload a bunch of pictures from it, but I'm too tired. I woke up when I moved from the living room couch to my bed, and now I am awake for a few minutes.
Tonight was our ward book club at my house, so instead of unpacking, I spent the day re-reading the book and letting Ana watch TV. She watched a lot of TV.
Usually she doesn't watch quite as much TV as she did today, but she usually watches enough that I feel guilty about it. And when she's not watching, she's sneaking into my room to try to watch or asking me to watch a show, or whatever.
So, tomorrow, I'm unplugging the TV. And turning off the computer.
(At least while the kids are awake. I also have a lesson to prepare for Sunday, and a few other computer friendly tasks - but not while my kids are around.)
So instead of watching Super Why, we'll be doing a nice morning routine. Instead of watching Martha Speaks we'll be playing outside (or inside, if the weather is rainy.)
Instead of facebook, I'll be doing the laundry and the dishes. Instead of looking at random blogs of people I have never met, I'll be making bread or cookies or sorting through papers or a myriad of other things that have been on my to do list that I never get around to doing.
1 week. I'm sure the first few days are going to be a challenge. And who knows what will happen over the weekend when Dave is at home. But I'm committing to this. While we were at my sister's house Ana did not watch one TV show. Granted, she had cousins to play with, but surely there is something that will spark her interest.
Any ideas on activities and tips to get kids to help out with tasks are greatly welcome, but of course, I may not get to reading them. I'm actually looking forward to it.
3 comments:
good luck!! we've done this occasionally and it's always a great reminder :)
p.s. I hope you had a Happy Birthday!! :)
Card board, construction paper, glue, and other things in the hands of a creative little girl with a good idea fueling her should last a while.
Oh, but it might make a mess. :)
Good for you. It will be a hard transition, but stick with it, it's worth it.
Ellie loves to do puzzels. Paint with watercolors. She likes to play with play-dough, dance to music, help me cook things. She loves to play mailman and pretend to write letters and then deliver them under different doors in our house. Dress up is always fun, or bringing me the different meals she has prepared with her plastic food. She also loves to make special gifts and suprises for different people.
Post a Comment