Saturday, December 8, 2007

Our Town

So, I created something. I could do pretty much anything I wanted for my final project in my theatre appreciation class; I chose to make a poster for the play "Our Town" by Thornton Wilder. The set in that play basically consists of a few old chairs, two tables, and a couple of ladders. It's very simple. That's why I wanted to make this poster simple. I made it to be 11x17 inches, the regulation size if you want to hang anything on campus here. Now that I look at it again, I would kind of like to see the main "Our Town" text block moved up just a little bit. Oh well, I am done and I am sure it will be good enough.

Here it is:



Let me know what you think of it (Looks like you will have to click on it to get a good look). Of course it's nothing professional but I am pretty proud of it. I actually took that picture of the chair today.

If you are interested in seeing the play, you can get it on DVD. The version we saw was from 2003 starring Paul Newman. Bro. Hansen says it's a great version.

4 comments:

tankgunk said...

Looks very nice! Curious, where was/is the chair?

Theaterexperts said...

We think that you did a great job!!!
The symbolism of the chair is provocative and inviting. oh, yeah and the font is perfect. it is well balanced between the chair and the words. um and its dang good! This show will be great. can you design a poster for my show when I am in the Director's class?

Dave L said...

I can see a few things now that I printed it that I couldn't see on the computer. This makes me even happier to get a new computer early next year. A better screen would make a big difference. More than I thought.

(the chair was on a stage here on campus)

I just saved the poster as a .jpg and took it to get printed. That's probably not the best way to do it...

Shari said...

I was in the play in high school. I was Mrs. Soames, the town gossip. We had a great time. I also was dead at the end of the play and had a couple lines there.