Wednesday, January 23, 2008

A couple stories

So, today I was laying on the floor with my head propped up against the couch after getting home from class. Ana came and copied me. She started giving my head hugs and it looked like she was about to give me a kiss on my forehead...

SHE BIT MY NOSE! She has some sharp little teeth and a strong jaw. Not to mention she is speedy. I shouldn't have been surprised (another story of Ana'a amazing speed). She thought she was so funny. So did Erin actually which really won't help discourage future incidents.

Anyway, Ana has started taking things out of the fridge quite regularly. She came walking out of the kitchen recently with a big glass bowl of green peas and tried to drink all the liquid from the bowl. Nothing spilled but Erin said this - "I think we are about to hit the messy stage."

WHAT? What do you call throwing dinner all over the kitchen and spreading M&M's throughout the house to who knows where? (Ana knows, every once in a while she has one in her mouth and we have no idea where they keep coming from). It hit me like a ton of bricks. Or at least one pretty heavy brick, that hurts too but is less deadly.

I was kind of happy thinking things were looking up from here as far as messes go. She is almost old enough to start potty training, she doesn't drool all over any more, and she even keeps chocolate drool under control most of the time.

Oh well, I am sure we will all live through it.

7 comments:

Wendy and Will said...

we put a lock on our fridge so alex couldn't get into it. it helped for a while. it was just one of those latch things that you can find in the kid safety devices section of the store.

Amy said...

You will look back on these messes and have happy memories of them. If they are the worst messes she has in life, you are very lucky!!!

Dave L said...

I wasn't really complaining about her current messes I was just surprised by what Erin said

Erin L said...

Luckily I'm hitting my "clean phase" just as she's getting into the messy one. Maybe it will actually work out.

Amy said...

hey dave- I just googled fountainsofdave .... did you do some pictures on a sight called Panoramio.com???

Dave L said...

yeah actually, I have one picture that shows up on Google Earth. It's of Horseshoe Lake kind of by warm river up here. Thats all.

I feel all spied out now...

Maybe I should find a new name

Amy said...

Sorry. It was cool. I didn't mean to do it. I just typed fountains of dave.com rather than .blogspot.com, and that is what the search page brought up.