Thursday, March 6, 2008

little baby boy

So, knowing that we're having a boy, I always go and check out the boy clothes everywhere. I went through all of Ana's old clothes to see if there was anything we could use for a boy. I did find a few things, but mostly we gotta start all over. I've bought a few things here and there to start our stock, and my mom and others have also given us some adorable things. I've also noticed that I don't really love the little white blessing outfits for boys. I think the dresses for girls are so pretty and there is such a variety! But when looking for boys, there isn't much. I'm not really in love with the white tuxedos - they look cute, but not really our style. So I decided I wanted to find a white sweater vest. I know its a little pre-mature, but we found this sweater vest at Old Navy and knew it was perfect. So we ordered it yesterday. We already have a little white polo to go under it, and then we'll just make some white pants. I think its going to be adorable! Plus, he can wear this vest more than just on his blessing day. I loved Ana's blessing dress, but she only wore it the once and it makes me a little sad. Anyway, to make the $5 shipping worth it, I also ordered this hat for the summer and this onesie set. I bought the onesies in 3-6 months, since its long sleeved and we don't have anything that size yet.


















I'm having a hard time getting "boy" in my head. I call our baby "her" or "she" and I've even dreamt it was a little girl. Of course, the ultrasound couldn't have been any clearer. Its probably because 3 of my siblings have had little girls this winter, and I am used to having a girl now.

We have a couple names picked out, and I just want to decide so we can start calling him that - mostly to get my mind used to the idea. I'm starting to get really baby hungry, and some days I even feel like I'm "nesting." I've been cleaning house all day today. I've gone through all of Ana's clothes and labeled her girl clothes boxes. We even bought a dresser for the kids' room. I feel this anxiety over getting things ready for the baby. And I still have 3+ months!

4 comments:

Kristen said...

Erin! I totally know the feeling. I am not due till the end of July or 1st of August, and when I see brand new babies I go crazy!! I just want to hold them! I am also freaking out because I am a very pro-active person, so I am filling out all my maternity leave papers, etc. and they keep saying, "hold on to them until 30 days prior to your due date!" NO!! I need to get this done now or I'll forget, loose my mind, or a combo of the two! :) Good luck with the names, we are still trying to decide on one also!

amanda said...

hey erin you should totally check out the family dollar. they had so much stuff for 2 or so bucks and it was a whole outfit. good luck!

Kami P. said...

Hi Erin! So neat to hear from you and see your cute family on your blog. So what are the boys' name you've picked out?
Yes, we are in Chubbuck. What is your family's name? I can't believe you grew up here. I never knew that. We'll only be here until May.
Thanks for writing!

Janae said...

So I hear ya! It was really tough for Doug and I, cuz we both wanted another girl! But now we couldn't live without him, and plus it's fun to go shopping again for boy stuff. although I do get sad that I can't grow out his hair and put bows and dresses on him...good luck these last few months.