Sunday, March 23, 2008

Memory Lane (and) Eating My Words

Two unrelated thoughts and a random picture from a few weeks ago.


(1) Yesterday, I went to lunch with 3 of my roommates from BYUI year 2. Laura, Kara, and Becca. Kara and Laura still live here but I haven't seen Becca for almost a year and before that it had been since Dave and I got married.

Then as I was going into Broulims last night, I ran into my roommate Emily from year 1. I went over later to her house to see her new little baby, who is absolutely beautiful! It was good day to be catching up.

(2) I've also realized how often I've had to eat my words over the last few years. For example, my first year up here my roommate married a boy from Rupert. I teased him quite a bit about being from such a small, Idaho hick town. They moved back there after graduation and I teased them again. Now of course, not only did I marry a guy from Rupert, but we are heading back there ourselves. And I'm looking forward to it.

A second example. My friend from highschool got married soon after graduation (a year after me) and had a baby right off. I remember going to her house shortly after she was married and saying how I couldn't believe she was pregnant when she hadn't even known her husband a year earlier. ("I could never do that, of course.") But then I met my husband, got married, and was pregnant before I had known him a year. And I wouldn't have it any other way.

I think Someone Upstairs has had a few good laughs when I opened my mouth too quickly.


Random picture: I wore this coat when I was little. I love how adorable Ana is in it.

4 comments:

Emily said...

HAHAHAHHA, oh that is too funny.

Erin, I love the blog updates! They make me so happy.

And...the coat is so darling. I hope to see your little girl one day...before she isn't a little girl anymore.

Andrea :) said...

You are not the only one to have to eat her words... :) I love your coat on Ana! She is so cute!

Anonymous said...

Ana looks so adorable. It sounds like life is pretty great.

MikeG Family said...

Ooohh, I have eaten my words so many times it's not even funny! Okay, so it is now, but it wasn't at the time. You look so great - I love the pregnant pic. Your hair is so long and pretty!