Today, it was mostly on her arms and legs. I noticed a slight rash about a week and a half ago, and when we went to the doctor last week he gave me a prescription cream for it. But this week its gotten a lot worse. I talked to my sister (who is a nurse) and her husband (who is a doctor and has specialty in skin) and they told me it looks like a systemic allergy. In other words. She's allergic to something she's been eating. Its either eggs, since they are in everything and she's eaten a lot of stuff with them in lately or peanut butter which she's had before, but more often recently). So, I have to keep her away from those things. If its not gone in a week then it might be milk, but my sister didn't think so. On top of that, she's been seriously constipated for a while and today it was so bad we kept her home from church. So, here's my dilemma - my daughter is underweight and I need to fatten her up, but I can't give her peanut butter or eggs due to allergies or cheese, bananas or applesauce since those will worsen her constipation. So, I'm stuck. I feel so bad for her, I just want her to be healthy and happy.
Monday, August 6, 2007
baby troubles
This is what Ana's back looked like yesterday.
Today, it was mostly on her arms and legs. I noticed a slight rash about a week and a half ago, and when we went to the doctor last week he gave me a prescription cream for it. But this week its gotten a lot worse. I talked to my sister (who is a nurse) and her husband (who is a doctor and has specialty in skin) and they told me it looks like a systemic allergy. In other words. She's allergic to something she's been eating. Its either eggs, since they are in everything and she's eaten a lot of stuff with them in lately or peanut butter which she's had before, but more often recently). So, I have to keep her away from those things. If its not gone in a week then it might be milk, but my sister didn't think so. On top of that, she's been seriously constipated for a while and today it was so bad we kept her home from church. So, here's my dilemma - my daughter is underweight and I need to fatten her up, but I can't give her peanut butter or eggs due to allergies or cheese, bananas or applesauce since those will worsen her constipation. So, I'm stuck. I feel so bad for her, I just want her to be healthy and happy.
Today, it was mostly on her arms and legs. I noticed a slight rash about a week and a half ago, and when we went to the doctor last week he gave me a prescription cream for it. But this week its gotten a lot worse. I talked to my sister (who is a nurse) and her husband (who is a doctor and has specialty in skin) and they told me it looks like a systemic allergy. In other words. She's allergic to something she's been eating. Its either eggs, since they are in everything and she's eaten a lot of stuff with them in lately or peanut butter which she's had before, but more often recently). So, I have to keep her away from those things. If its not gone in a week then it might be milk, but my sister didn't think so. On top of that, she's been seriously constipated for a while and today it was so bad we kept her home from church. So, here's my dilemma - my daughter is underweight and I need to fatten her up, but I can't give her peanut butter or eggs due to allergies or cheese, bananas or applesauce since those will worsen her constipation. So, I'm stuck. I feel so bad for her, I just want her to be healthy and happy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh Erin, that is so sad. I am sorry. It looks so painful. I can only imagine the concern you have for Anna. Please keep me updated on what happens.
Post a Comment