Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Confession #1

I love cheesy church novels. Since finishing Harry Potter, I needed something light to read and so I've read three of these books in the last week. You know the type, they all basically follow the same plot line... Girl and boy meet, usually there is some animosity between them at first, or else its love at first sight and they can't admit it to themselves. Then there is some problem - a mystery, a secret, or one of them isn't a member of the church or something like that they need to overcome. Then the end when they confess their undying love in completely cheesy terms and live Happily Ever After. I love them! Of course, some are better than others. My favorite are the mystery type. Betsy Brannon Green's books are usually really good. Two of my favorite's by her are Hearts in Hiding and Until Proven Guilty. Another one that is really good is Closing In. The 3 I read this week were pretty good. Two of them were by Rachel Ann Nunes and she can be a little overly-churchy at times. And I think Anita Stansfield gets a little too tragic in her books. The other one I read was by Sierra St James called What the Doctor Ordered and it was my favorite of the three. I like them because they are really quick reads, they are wholesome, and they are just light feel-good books.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Erin, thanks for the book recommendations!! The last LDS novels I read were by Anita Stansfield, and I must say I agree with your thought that she does do tragedy an awful lot! And second, how did you put links in your blog? I loved that I could just click and go to info about the books you mentioned!!