So, I love this movie. I grew up watching it. In fact, I grew up singing the opening song "Fortuosity" while wearing this ugly green jacket thing we had and carrying around a briefcase. I know most of the words to the the songs, and could probably quote a majority of the movie. We really liked musicals in my house and this has always been a family and personal favorite.Anyway, so, the other night I was reminded of the song "I'll always be Irish" from this movie. I got it stuck in my head so at about 10:00 I had to watch just that scene. I ended up watching most of the rest of the movie. Dave interjected his comments of mockery at the movie, but nevertheless he sat and watched it with me. In all its cheesiness, it is such a great family film. I'd recommend it to everyone!
On another note, we also have a reason to feel very "fortuitious." Last week we rented a Wii video game from Hollywood video. When it came time to return it, we couldn't find it anywhere. We searched high and low. Finally, we resigned ourselves to having to replace it (which really stinks since those games cost 50 bucks). When we went in to Hollywood tonight, we were told that the game had been returned a few days late, and we are only accountable for the 3 dollar late fee. Thanks to whoever returned it for us! And we're grateful for the Lord's little blessings.
1 comment:
I'm just seeing what will happen
Post a Comment