Tuesday morning we took Ana out for a ride in the snowmobile's trailer. She was pretty expressionless most of the time, but once in a while we would catch her smiling.
Tuesday afternoon Dave and I went for a ride on the snowmoblies - just us. We left Ana back at the room. It was kinda like a mini-date and it was fun. We just followed a main trail, but there was one open meadow up in the trees that we rode around for a little bit. I got stuck, but it wasn't too bad. It was a lot of fun! It was my first time. I really like Jet-skiing, and I thought it was a lot like that. I'd probably say I like jet-skiing more, but thats just because I like summer and water and not having to be so bundled up. But it was still a lot of fun. I wanted to go some more! I even got up to 50 miles per hour. There was so much snow up there! There was probably 4 or 5 feet on the roof tops. Later that night we went swimming again. Ana was being really cute. She would stand on the edge and say, "1-2-3" (which sounds more like 2-2-3) and then crouch down like she was gonna jump, and then step off the edge. (We'd catch her of course.) It was funny. She loved the water, too. The whole mini-vacation was fun. We were glad we got to go!
One thing I thought while Dave and I were out on the snowmobiles is how important it is to take breaks some times. Especially one on one dates. Dave and I rarely go on a date, and when we do its usually just dinner or a movie. It was neat to get to do something fun like that. It was fun for me to watch him play around in the powder - to watch him really enjoying himself. It made me remember how cute I think he is and how much we both like being outdoors. We sure don't do it enough!
4 comments:
There is a new Trace Atkins song called "You're Gonna Miss This" that you really need to listen to. It kind of goes along with the idea of "taking a break."
P.S. I'm glad you had fun. I was worried the snow would be a problem on the drive up and back, and I'm glad you didn't have any problems.
Yeah, I have made a rule that if Jared get one on one time, we don't go to a movie. It doesn't foster the kind of interaction a husband and wife need during that rare time out together.
I can't believe you went snowmobiling. Do you know how easy it is to get hurt doing that and YOU ARE PREGNANT! You are crazy. But its fun that you got some one-on-one time.
Post a Comment