Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Mini-vacation

We took a mini-vacation Monday night and all day Tuesday. We got to go up to Island Park Village with Josh - my nephew 2 years older than me. It was great fun. I used to go up there every year with my parents to either go fishing at Henry's Lake or go snowmobiling. I remember we were up there when princess Diana died and I found out about it by seeing a newspaper at the little store they have there.

It's a pretty nice place. They have a clubhouse with a pool, sauna, hot tubs, and other stuff. Ana and Erin really enjoyed swimming. Here is a picture of what one of the units look like from the outside. The only difference is that there was about 5 feet of snow on top of all of them when we were there.


Here is a picture of one of the family/living rooms just like the one we had.


Ana just saw that last picture and said "Fire!" It actually sounded a bit more like "Filer" but we get the idea. She liked watching the fire in the fireplace.

We had a good time. Erin rode a snowmobile for the first time and only got stuck once. There was some good snow and I remembered how much I liked snowmobiling. Now I have to get back to the reality of homework and tests...

1 comment:

Karianne said...

That almost makes me wish we could've gone with you.