Wednesday, February 27, 2008

So, that's the gallbladder?


This picture isn't great but it's pretty good. Something like this is what I was watching on Tuesday morning. We went to Rupert and I got to observe a surgery - gallbladder removal. I don't know what I was expecting from the laparoscopic surgery but it was pretty cool. The image on the tv the doctor used when operating was great quality. There was another guy there observing the nurse anesthetist that passed out when the surgery started. I was glad I was the one getting blankets to put under his head instead of passing out. It was quite a bit cooler and much less gross than I had thought it might be. I don't think general surgery will be what I want to do but it was a great experience. I even saw a few people I knew from my home ward and high school while I was there.

More info on job situation to come...

I have a ton of homework right now.

5 comments:

Tankgunk said...

I jumped when I opened your blog and saw that picture...

Dave L said...

yeah, I just realized that image may be disturbing to some.

Shari said...

I'm trying to decide if I would vomit before I passed out or after I regained consciousness.

Zach and Nikky said...

sick

Amy said...

Cool dave. How awesome that you can handle that without the feeling of needing to puke or pass out! I'm proud of you!