
This is what we're struggling with these days. She really fights taking a nap. Its pretty much pointless to even force an afternoon nap. The problem is, she still kinda needs one. If she doesn't have one, by 5:00 she's grumpy as all get out until I put her to bed at 7:30. But, I work for my brother in law 4 days a week and it involves me driving around town for 30-45 minutes every day. She almost always falls asleep in the car on these little trips. Sometimes she is really out, too. We bring her in onto the couch and she'll sleep until 5 - and then be up until 9:30 or 10:00.
Pros of napping: quiet time in the afternoon. With the baby coming, I know I'll need a nap throughout the day.
Pros of not napping: She goes to bed really early (7:30) and still sleeps until 8:30 or 9. That's a lot of time in the evening to just relax.
So its a struggle. What bothers me most is that there isn't really a schedule for the day. But I guess thats what will have to happen until I'm not working anymore.
6 comments:
is she still napping in the mornings too? i would say go to 1 nap a day. work can usually be adjusted. most of the time they don't have to be done right that second. just an idea. also, if she is sleeping to 8:30 or 9, try putting her down sooner than 7:30. alex sleeps until the same time no matter when he goes to bed. 7 is a good time for us. then again, he gets up about 6:15ish.
What kind of work are you doing? I'm struggling with naps too. We have both kids in 1 room, and Aubrey doesn't want to go to bed anymore unless I close her in her room until she stops crying and gives in. This, of course, wakes up Zach if he's napping and so then he's up. If I try to put him down at the same time, the cycle repeats. So I guess I'll just never get time to myself with both kids asleep anymore. Schedules are hard, especially when you're pregnant and so tired. Good luck. Let me know if you have any tips!
I remember those days. It makes it hard when they still need naps, but don't want to take one. I know when the kids were little, reading somewhere to not let your little one sleep past 4:00p or they will be up until late at night. Sorry, I know it is not easy.
Sometimes giving them quiet time worked almost as good for me as nap time. Sometimes it will even put them to sleep without mentioning the word nap. A blanket, a sipper cup, a book(or movie if mommy is busy). Low lights, soft music, etc...
I SO KNOW how that is. Kennedy naps maybe once a week! I do love that she goes to bed SO EARLY and I have all night to get done what I need. Hang in there.
My kids are still doing that, and i don't know what to do either. Although the days are crazy, we do try to get the kids to bed around the same time every night. It doesn't always work, but we try. There are nights when they are in there for over an hour before they fall asleep--especially Natalie, but they know its bed time.
Post a Comment