
I guess this week I've been in a little more of a reflective mood. I've found myself wanting my space a little bit more, and just wanting to think about things. Allow me to share some of my personal thoughts.
First of all, I've thought a lot about the passing of President Hinckley. I was 11 when he was called, and so he's really the only Prophet I've known. Surprisingly, I haven't been as sad as I thought I would be. More often, I found myself wondering, Why now? What work did he just complete? Its caused me to think about the timing of the Lord. When listening to his funeral, I was touched by what his daughter said regarding President Hinckley following the death of his wife. She mentioned how truly sorrowful and that he spent much time on his knees for comfort. She said his compassion and dependence on the Lord increased, and with those he put on his shoes and went to work serving others. I loved that example of how we should be. Even in times of sorrow, we turn to the Lord and as we depend on Him our capacity to lift others increases.
This past week, there was a day when Ana fell asleep in the car as I was running around town. When we got back home, before I woke her up, I sat in the silence of the car. I didn't really think about much, but I just could not break the quiet and peace of the car. A few days later I was driving by myself, and I turned off the music and ignored my phone and just drove in peace and quiet. I felt like it had been so long since I felt quiet and peaceful.
Today was the Rexburg Temple dedication. I feel such a part of this community and have witnessed the strength and excitement while awaiting this Temple. It was neat to be able to be here. Presiden Monson gave an incredible address on the importance of families and temples and I really felt the Spirit. More than anything though, I realized why I hadn't had peace and quiet in so long. It has been too long since I went to the Temple and felt and experienced the peace and quiet that it brings. How important that House is for the sanity of a wife and mother! A place where we can set aside the demands of today and focus on eternity in quiet and reverance. I need that more than I recognize most days.
5 comments:
I totally know exactly what you mean! Jamie and I realized what was missing a few weeks ago and we went to the temple and we felt so complete. I feel like I loose my marbles more than I should and the temple keeps me all together. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts.
We had an amazing experience today too, thanks for sharing.
I think I know what you are feeling!! the last few weeks I realized that I don't spend my time well after work. I come home, watch my favorite TV shows, sit around till Mark gets home and think about how I probably should have gone to the gym....so its been about two weeks where I come home, don't turn on the TV at all, I have read three books, studied things I have been meaning to do forever, and have thoroughly enjoyed my "quiet time!"
P.S. We find out the gender on Feb. 28th! :)
I think the weather is getting to all of us. I've been a little crazy lately, too, and last night I finally took some time to write in my journal and do some reflection, etc. It was nice to have some quiet time.
I like to turn off the radio and listen to the quiet a lot too. It helps me to think. I have also started writing in a journal. (Well, I have written the last two Sundays). I'm not sure what is most therapeutic about it--the writing things out or the quiet time it requires--but I like it.
I think its so much easier to find one-on-one time with husbands and children than to find alone time with ourselves, but its really valuable.
Post a Comment